Grace Assembly Children’s Ministry Policies & Guidelines
Children are precious to us, as they are to our God! Grace Assembly prefers to have all children with their parents throughout the service; however, we offer child care services as a concession and a service to parents of young children. We ask that only children within the following age ranges participate:
Sunday School – 3 years up to 7 years old
- Graduates right at 7 years old
- Class meets in the open common area outside of the Kindergarten class rooms
- Class meets after the intermission
- Assumes children are potty trained – otherwise parents are sought for the relief efforts of their children.
- Teacher Criteria
- Must be members of Grace Assembly or approved.
- Or must be teenage son or daughter of a member of Grace Assembly
- Strong preference for married couples to teach together
- Must have at least two teachers present
- At least one teacher must be over 18 years old
- At least one teacher must be female
- Adult teachers will submit to a simple background check
- Curriculum and craft materials supplied by Grace Assembly
- Only a female teacher is to take children to rest room
- Unruly children are not to be disciplined by teachers. A teacher will escort the child back to his parents.
Nursery – newborn to up to 3 years old
- Nursery meets in the last Kindergarten class room
- Nursery meets after the intermission
- Nursery worker criteria
- Must be members of Grace Assembly or must be teenage son or daughter of a member of Grace
- Must have at least two nursery workers present
- At least one nursery worker must be over 18 years old
- At least one nursery worker must be female
- Adult nursery workers will submit to a simple background check
- Only a female nursery worker is to take children to rest room
- Unruly children are not to be disciplined by nursery workers. The child will be escorted back to his parents.
- Nursery toys will be washed or replaced periodically